2021 Young Teaching Recognition Award
The National Anaesthesiologists Societies Committee (NASC) and the Education and Training Committee are calling for applications for the Young Teaching Recognition Award.
The purpose of this award is to acknowledge and encourage individuals with outstanding and innovative teaching skills who will have an impact on the dissemination of knowledge and competencies.
The winning presentations may be developed into an ESAIC e-learning module.
Two prizes will be awarded. Presentations should address the specific annual topics:
Cardiovascular and Thoracic, Geriatric, Respiration and Airways Management
- Intensive Care Medicine
Application deadline extended! 30 September 2021
- Applicants should be a trainee or within the first year of specialization. Associate Professors or equivalent are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants should be members of their National Society and the European Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care (ESAIC)
- Applicants must be working in Europe.
- Applicants must submit the application form, their Curriculum Vitae, an outline of their lecture (max. 300 words) as well as a recommendation letter from an ESAIC active member.
All eligible applications will be reviewed by a panel consisting of the chairs of the eLearning Committee, Education and Training Committee, NASC, Scientific Committee and Trainee Committee.
Each application will be scored on:
- Content: Novelty
- Educational Sustainability: Impact on future knowledge or performance
- Potential use for ESAIC e-learning module
- Involvement in local/national teaching and training
Award Judging Process
The Young Teaching Recognition Award Competition will be held during Euroanaesthesia Congress.
After the selection process, based on the scores given by the panel, two Award Finalists from each topic (4 finalists in total) are invited to give a 10-minutes lecture, followed by a 10 minutes discussion with the panel of experts.
A panel of 3 experts (NASC Chair, Education and Training Committee Chair and Trainees Committee Chair) attending the session vote for the Award Winners at the end of the session – 1 in each category.
The 2 Award Winners receive:
- An invitation to submit an article to be published in the EJAIC*
- A 2-year ESAIC Active Membership in the years following the end of their current membership
*under the condition that EJAIC editors accept the article, the publication costs will be supported by ESAIC. The YTRA as such does not imply exemption of the journal’s review procedure.